We are now OPEN for the 2022 season!
Starting in Fall 2021, the Cory Realty team graciously partnered with members of the Coldwater Museum to publish exclusive Museum and local historical content that you can find on their site The Cottage Shack. Every few weeks, members of the museum discuss an new topic central to artifacts and displays from the museum.
Now, we would like to also share the articles in our blog!
We hope you enjoy this new series of articles. Perhaps you will learn something new or be inspired come and see the artifacts in-person on your next visit!
We offer self-guided tours of the out-buildings and grounds and include a guided tour of the Woodrow Homestead. Visitors may pre-book their tours by contacting the Museum, though is not required.
The staff of CCHM is working hard to ensure that our guests can enjoy a fun, educational and safe experience. To do this we are implementing the following:
- Offering self-guided tours for out-buildings and grounds, with guided small group tours of the Woodrow Homestead
- Limiting guided tours to allow 1 social circle at a time
- Regularly sanitizing washrooms and high-risk surfaces (ex. railings, doorknobs and display glass)
- Providing hand sanitizer for all guests
- Opening washrooms for visitors upon request only
- Masks are mandatory in all buildings (please bring your own).
- Please wait outside for staff to greet you.
- Interactive exhibits are temporarily unavailable, please do not touch any of the artifacts as they are difficult or impossible to sanitize.
- If you have felt ill in the last 14 days, please stay home.
- You will be required to provide us with your personal information so that we may contact you should someone test positive for COVID-19.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. We appreciate your help in keeping our volunteer-run museum alive!
The Coldwater Canadiana Heritage Museum, an officially designated historic site, invites you to awaken your senses and experience voices from the past. Discover history you can touch, smell, taste, and hear and explore this area’s story of rural and village life from 1830.
Discover the Woodrow Homestead, originally built in the early 1840s on what was once an old stagecoach route, now called Woodrow Road. Browse through the Museum’s collection of artifacts from the Coldwater, Ontario area, dating from 1830 to 1950.
Located in a 6.5 acre park-like setting along the Coldwater River, the museum grounds are the perfect place to bring a picnic, linger in the heritage gardens and explore the river trail. Be sure to stop in at the Gift Shop during your visit and enjoy a Devon Tea.