We are opening May 13, 2023
We look forward to seeing you in May 2023
Starting in Fall 2021, the Cory Realty team graciously partnered with members of the Coldwater Museum to publish exclusive Museum and local historical content that you can find on their site The Cottage Shack. Every few weeks, members of the museum discuss an new topic central to artifacts and displays from the museum.
Now, we would like to also share the articles in our blog!
We hope you enjoy this new series of articles. Perhaps you will learn something new or be inspired come and see the artifacts in-person on your next visit!
Your donation helps to keep our volunteer-run museum alive!
We offer self-guided tours of the out-buildings and grounds and include a guided tour of the Woodrow Homestead. We recommend pre-booking tours for larger groups by email (email@example.com) or phoning the museum (705-955-1930)
The staff of CCHM is working hard to ensure that our guests can enjoy a fun, educational and safe experience. To do this we are implementing the following:
- We offer self-guided and guided small group tours of the Woodrow homestead, out-buildings and grounds.
- Washrooms are available on site
- For your convenience, hand sanitizer is available
- Interactive exhibits are available.
- If you are unwell, please stay home.
- Special events take place throughout the summer, please see the complete listing here.
The Coldwater Canadiana Heritage Museum, an officially designated historic site, invites you to awaken your senses and experience voices from the past. Discover history you can touch, smell, taste, and hear and explore this area’s story of rural and village life from 1830.
Discover the Woodrow Homestead, originally built in the early 1840s on what was once an old stagecoach route, now called Woodrow Road. Browse through the Museum’s collection of artifacts from the Coldwater, Ontario area, dating from 1830 to 1950.
Located in a 6.5 acre park-like setting along the Coldwater River, the museum grounds are the perfect place to bring a picnic, linger in the heritage gardens and explore the river trail. Be sure to stop in at the Gift Shop during your visit.
The Coldwater Canadiana Heritage Museum receives funds from:
- Canada Summer Jobs
- Dunkley Charitable Foundation
- The Ontario Ministry of Heritage, Sport, Tourism and Culture Industries (Heritage Organization Development Grant (HODG))
- Ontario Trillium Foundation
- Township of Severn
- Young Canada Works.
Thank you also to our generous Friends, Patrons and Benefactors
Your support is gratefully acknowledged.
– Social –