Coldwater Canadiana Heritage Museum is currently closed for the season and will reopen in the spring of 2021.
Thank you for your support and we look forward to seeing you next year! Please return for additional updates and information!
Upon reopening, the CCHM will return to limited capacity pre-booked tours through phone or email.
The staff of CCHM are working hard to ensure that our guests can enjoy a fun, educational and safe experience. To do this we are implementing the following:
- Providing only pre-booked guided tours
- Limiting tours to allow 1 social circle at a time
- Sanitizing washrooms and high-risk surfaces (ex. railings, doorknobs and display glass) between each tour
- Providing hand sanitizer for all guests
- Opening washrooms for visitors upon request
To help us achieve our goal, we need your cooperation in following our guidelines:
- Masks are mandatory at all times (please bring your own).
- Please wait outside for staff to greet you.
- Interactive exhibits are temporarily unavailable, please do not touch any of the artifacts as they are difficult or impossible to sanitize.
- If you have been out of the province or country or felt ill in the last 14 days, please stay home.
- You will be required to provide us with your personal information so that we may contact you should someone test positive for COVID-19.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. We appreciate your help in keeping our volunteer-run museum alive!
Interested in receiving more content about our future events, displays, artifacts and activities directly? With Mailchimp, the Coldwater Museum has made this possible by subscribing below.
We are currently fundraising to restore the century-old Woodrow homestead. If you want more information about supporting the CCHM, visit our donate page.
The Coldwater Canadiana Heritage Museum, an officially designated historic site, invites you to awaken your senses and experience voices from the past. Discover history you can touch, smell, taste and hear and explore this area’s story of rural and village life from 1830.
Discover the Woodrow Homestead, originally built in the early 1840’s on what was once an old stage coach route, now called Woodrow Road. Browse through the Museum’s collection of artifacts from the Coldwater, Ontario area, dating from 1830 to 1950.
Located in a 6.5 acre park-like setting along the Coldwater River, the museum grounds are the perfect place to bring a picnic, linger in the heritage gardens and explore the river trail. Be sure to stop in at the Gift Shop during your visit and enjoy a Devon Tea.